Collections and Memorabilia

For all your other video game related discussion and needs, this forum is where its at.

Collections and Memorabilia

Postby Caligo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:30 am

What's in your game collection? A few discs and a special edition art book or boxes full of various memorabilia ranging from phone cards to limited edition figurines? Is there a particular fandom you love collecting for or are you a rogue collector, hoarding anything and everything you can get your grabby little hands on?

Describe just how big it is or take a picture to show everyone~
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
9 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Caligo

Cash on hand: 195.00
Bank: 1,920.00

Re: Collections and Memorabilia

Postby Arcana » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 pm

I've got a couple of collector's-ed games, but none of them came with massive RL-goodies. I'm a DLC whore - I like little extra titbits and stuff ingame...

Which is why BioWare have made an absolute fortune off me with Dragon Age and Mass Effect...

I also tend to now go for digital downloads - I throw the boxes away, believe it or not. I've had a massive clear-out and thrown the rest away, along with the instruction manuals (having copied down the serials, of course). I keep all the discs in a flight case, so I don't get so much of a kick out of collectors-eds on that score either.

Tell you what I would like, though - that set of night-vision goggles that came with a collector's-ed of Modern Warfare 2. That is probably the most badass box-set ever.
"We Must Dissent. Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Arcana

Cash on hand: 125.00
Bank: 3,602.00

Re: Collections and Memorabilia

Postby Andyfer_Ruu » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:24 pm

I am a collector, I love it. =)
Tis a hobby of mine. Even though I have one or two downloads on my Xbox, I do not like digital downloads. It doesn't feel safe, I have to have it in my hands before I am satisfied.

I have a massive collection of consoles, special edition games, guide books, collectable figures, cards, signed items (hideo kojima! YEAH!), DVDs etc.
I would list them, but trust me... it would be an incredibly long list - too long to post onto a forum. (too big for even a photograph)
Mostly I collect Metal Gear Solid Items (including the original MSX versions and special editions) after that, I have a collection of RE items, including a limited edition RE4 gamecube and controller... figures... etc.
I have the DMC series and collectors editions too.
I am a Hideo Kojima fan (creator of MGS, Zone of the Enders etc) I have a signed copy of Zone of the enders 2.

It is a huge collection. =] it's a little passion of mine. I've even kept the boxes the collectable figures came in xD
I also have old consoles like the snes, N64, sega genesis (a big collection of sega genesis games and sonic stuff).
My other passion is collecting the fleetway Sonic the Hedgehog comics (I was a rabbid collector as a kid.. unfortunatly.. alot of my collection was lost. So I have started again.)

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
Andyfer_Ruu

Cash on hand: 2,267.00

Return to Video Game Chat