LA Noire

For all your other video game related discussion and needs, this forum is where its at.

LA Noire

Postby Arcana » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:20 am

Now, I'm totally hooked by this game. I daresay it will appeal to many on here due to its intrigue, people-reading and quite gripping characters.

I'm rather ashamed to say I'm rather shit at it, in spite of what I do. Though I did rummage through a suicidal's flat the other day and feel like I was piecing together the guy's life from his paperwork, which reminded me a lot of how this game plays out. That was kind of cool in its own macabre way. Definitely not a game where you can leave your brain at the door.

Anyone own this game, or have played it with thoughts? Kind of sad that I am currently gripped by a game that's basically what I do for work, only on a much simplified and more effective scale...kind of like a life coach playing the Sims, or a real football manager playing Football Manager...
"We Must Dissent. Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind."
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Arcana

Cash on hand: 125.00
Bank: 3,602.00

Re: LA Noire

Postby Steahl » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am

I owned this game for a while and I really, really wanted to like it. The stories were interesting, the concept was novel and...they really tried to incorporate micro-expressions properly. The damn things were driving me nuts. The faces weren't moving quite right but you were suppose to make character and honesty judgements despite an inaccurate micro-display.

Drove. Me. Nuts.

Also I'm generally a crap driver in video games so that didn't help. :)
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

8 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.