Silent Hill

For all your other video game related discussion and needs, this forum is where its at.

Re: Silent Hill

Postby Chai » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 am

Oh, sorry. I posted the link instead the image ;)

The most scariest moment when I played SH was when Lisa said that was scared... and in lighthouse before UFO ending.. I was shaking hahaha

I think the feeling of fear in SH1 was in the fact that did not want to be there. You placed yourself in the place of Harry and you wanted hide or run away. You understand that you should continue to find the girl but, horewer, you can't scape. When Lisa ask you don't leave her alone, you feel identified and then, you are frightened too.

In other games is not the case. You are afraid for the big monster only a while but no more. Characters do crazy things (like looking for a dead wife hahaha), look so indiferent or resolve all so easy that there is nothing to worry.

80's gore movies were made with latex... and giving and unpleasant feeling :?
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Chai

Cash on hand: 1,480.00

Postby Sumanuel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 am

They made creatures appearance based on car crashes' victims... That's heavy :shock:

Exactly, it's like a mind-manipulation slighty strategy. I wanna play Dead Space someday.. word is, like you said (Andy-) You feel scared but then you "recover". Is not like you feel you must survive or you must make your character survive, You don't inmerse completely in the thing..

Andyfer_Ruu wrote:Ehe, do any of you remember the first time you played Silent Hill? 0.0 I would love to know what you found scarey about it - or what parts you liked in general.

Yeah I do! I was like 10 (Yes... I know I hadn't to do it DD:: I told my mom to bought it for me lol)
I found it so scare! I can say to you I still found it scary! More than Dead space or new resident evil games! I have like a inner taboo or block that doesn't let me play it again!

I remember going through that almost deserted, mist-clogged city, and examining, finding creepy corpses frightened me soo much! and that nightmare when you get stuck in the alley which goes darker and darker, and these little amorph things getting you without you escaping.. It was so :shock: :shock: :shock: for me!

It was so scary for me, I could only play it at daylight, with a friend! and even at that time I had to sleep with my parents :lol: because I got scared at night.. thinking about these stuff... :shock:

I really felt psychologically like I was there! I remember being like DD::: ahh!! when he has awakened at the restaurant for the policewoman (She is h-- cute :)) and that flying creature entered through the window! I almost unloaded all the pistol DD:: shooting everywhere like crazy.

I gave up when I got stucked at the school where you must solve a puzzle.. I dont remember good what kind of, but I think is about Sun and Moon :?:

And that cat at there scared me! lol

How it was for you? :roll:

1 pcs.
Sumanuel

Cash on hand: 1,514.00

Postby Sumanuel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am

Tefa Jung wrote:. When Lisa ask you don't leave her alone, you feel identified and then, you are frightened too.

Exactly! I saw that Lisa's cutscene! reaction: WTFFFFFFFF :| :cry: :oops: :? :shock: :o :(

In other games is not the case. You are afraid for the big monster only a while but no more. Characters do crazy things (like looking for a dead wife hahaha), look so indiferent or resolve all so easy that there is nothing to worry.

True! If you see elder games, the main character is a normal person! he/she doesn't have powers, special knowledge, or any stuff of these which gives you the feeling of "Nah, he/she will be okey"

80's gore movies were made with latex... and giving and unpleasant feeling :?:

Ah, that's the reason... Add the visceral gutural screams :shock:

1 pcs.
Sumanuel

Postby Caligo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:19 am

Sumanuel wrote:
Tefa Jung wrote:. When Lisa ask you don't leave her alone, you feel identified and then, you are frightened too.

Exactly! I saw that Lisa's cutscene! reaction: WTFFFFFFFF :| :cry: :oops: :? :shock: :o :(

Who else actually cried in this scene? Little 12 year old me did. :cry:

9 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Caligo

Cash on hand: 195.00
Bank: 1,920.00

Postby Sumanuel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 am

Caligo wrote:
Sumanuel wrote:

Who else actually cried in this scene? Little 12 year old me did. :cry:

Saw it like a year ago. My eyes got wet, but other half of me was fucking frightened :|

1 pcs.
Sumanuel

Previous

Return to Video Game Chat