Fatal Frame / Project Zero

For all your other video game related discussion and needs, this forum is where its at.

Fatal Frame / Project Zero

Postby Shikou » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:38 am

So anybody here has played Fatal Frame also known as "Project Zero" in Europe? I have a lot of respect for this series in general because I am the type of person who doesn't get scared easily and the first game made me jump more than once within 20 minutes and I just really love this series because it is the most original horror game to me. Basically you use a special camera to see ghosts and use it as your weapon against hostile ghosts. THere are 3 games for the PS2 (currently on the US PSN Store) Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, and Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. 2 XBOX ports of the first 2 games, 2 Wii games which are Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse and Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition (a Wii port of the second game), 1 3DS spin off (Spirit Camera), and just recently 1 for the Wii-U Fatal Frame 5.

I currently own all of the games except for the most recent one for the Wii-U and a Japanese Wii-U to play it :oops:
Shikou

Cash on hand: 455.00

Re: Fatal Frame / Project Zero

Postby Andyfer_Ruu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:38 am

I haven't played one, but I did watch the first game online during college, when I was studying how to make a horror-style game. xD It was really interesting! I actually have the second game on the Wii, but haven't gotten around to playing it just yet.

I think they were making a movie of it as well, right? 0.0
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
Andyfer_Ruu

Cash on hand: 2,267.00

Postby Shikou » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

Andyfer_Ruu wrote:I think they were making a movie of it as well, right? 0.0

It came out in Japan a day before the Wii-U game. It'll come out for Home release on March (currently not licensed). A Hollywood film is in the works.
Shikou

Postby Andyfer_Ruu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:55 pm

That sounds both good and bad at the same time! xD Usually because Hollywood doesn't really make good movies based off video games... I mean, it may be awesome, but I think Hopllywood had made more bad videogame movies than good ones.

Like Resident Evil, for example, they are entertaining movies, but I personally don't think they're good Resident Evil movies.

Do you remember what your reaction was when you first played Fatal Frame?
I watched the first game on YouTube, so my experience would have been less tense (for example, I was fine watching people play "P.T", but got tense when I actually played it, even though I knew what was going to happen).

I have a German friend who found it terrorfying though. xD
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
Andyfer_Ruu

Cash on hand: 2,267.00

Postby Shikou » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:27 pm

I sure do. I remember watching people play it too but its a lot different when YOU'RE the one playing. It scared me more than once within 20 minutes. This is coming from somebody who has a heart made of stone. I thought it would be impossible for a game to scare somebody. I was horror hungry. I went through many horror films and horror games and they were not effective.

I laughed when I read the back of Fatal Frame 2 when it said and I quote "WARNING Sequel to the most frightening game of all time. Do not play this game alone!" (Im not even kidding). When I played the first game it shut me up in horror. I thought everything was out to kill me. THere were times in the second game where I get curious of things and play stupid when I thought I was safe from things then something happens or get stuck in a closet and Im like screaming "Let me out!!!". Im considering of importing a Wii-U just to play the newest game of the series because I just have so much respect for this series and loved that FINALLY there was something that could scare me.

I did like P.T. it had its moments but the puzzles were weird. I just wish people wouldn't spoil the scares on YouTube. Or at least not show the face of the ghost(?) on thumbnails on YouTube or on TUmblr.

In case you or anybody were wondering about the back of Fatal Frame 2
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/0/0/9/54009_back.jpg
Shikou

Return to Video Game Chat