Game Concept

Show off any original work you might have. From graphics to fiction, or from cosplay to poetry. Anything not related to PE goes here.

Game Concept

Postby Andyfer_Ruu » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 am

Since I have access to a 3D modeling program and game engine, I like to day dream about stories I could turn into games quite alot. ^.^

I've always been facinated with storylines involving heroes becoming evil, the falling from grace type of story. For example, what would a superhero like Superman do if he was actually evil or became it willingly? This is the type of thing I mostly think about when it comes to storylines, what would cause such trauma that it would cause a main hero character, that you would never suspect to do any evil, to fall and become the complete opposite to who they actually are?

Basically I would like to make a game revolving around this concept, so I thought I'd throw out some of my ideas and perhaps get some feedback?

I havn't got any solid plot details, just a general outline of what I do actually want.
I have three chapters in mind, and by chapters, I mean games; each telling a different part of the story.

I am a huge fan of Hideo Kojima's epic indepth story telling (creator of Metal Gear Solid) and the action of Devil May Cry, so the plan is to make something along these lines. Not a blatent ripp-off, but an original story that is just as detailed as Hideo's, and has the same kind of action style and intensity as Devil May Cry.

So to do something like that I decided that I want a hero that has some kind of super power (otherwise, how else will I get awesome scenes and lightning fast action out of him/her? xD)
So my basic framework for the story is something like this:

First game- more story driven, but kinda typical story wise xD
- Intro for the hero and other main characters which takes place over time, getting to know who they are (except for the hero, I want to stretch that out and partly keep it a mystery). This chapter is about the hero setting themself up as the typical kind of person that isolates themselves because they are different, but has the strong sence of justice and the need to protect...etc etc...blah blah. Perhaps they are even partially respncable for what's going on, etc.

- hero somehow discovers or awakens their 'power' in someway. In my head I kind of imagine that happening because of some kind of near death experience (possibly caused by whoever the enemy will be?)

- need some kind of connection between the enemy and the hero, not the typical 'i'm good and you are bad! therefore i must kill you!' nothing like that, I want it to be deeper somehow.
: P like I said, this is meant to be story driven.

- I want a bond between the hero and one of the main characters, something to develop (makes things more 3-dimensional i reckon) the kind of thing where you can throw in a few light comedy moments aswell.

- In the end I want the enemy to be taken care of, but hints that he is not the real villian. Thereis something deeper going on.

Second game- still story driven, but darker storywise and more emotional, gameplay centers around alot more action.
- In this 'chapter' I want something to happen to the hero, something bad enough to cause the hero to become the villian. Perhaps even set up by the main enemy and becomes his/her pawn or something...like a... take the worlds only hope and turn it against them kind of thing.

- Will involve deaths of alot of the main characters by the hero's hand, aswell as the usual destruction you'd expect. : P

-The bond between the hero and the other main character will play a greater role in this, basically you will stop playing as the hero after the first 1/4 and play as the other character as they try and restore the hero back to their former self. Basically it's so you can see things from a different perspective : P

- The background for the main character will be revealed...not sure what this is...tis just a basic framework to what I want. But I want it to be a major plot twist that basically links into everything.

'fraid that's all I have. Only the story details can determine what the 3rd chapter will be like. But basically I want the hero to remain evil and have the whole thing resolved in the third game. May that be he/she saves the day, or, causes the end to everything (I think we win too much, there should be a story where we all lose xD)

Games and stories always have the typical....main character is a demon! main character has some kind of dark arts thing....etc. I want to do something different to that, so one possible idea I have is to make the main character an angel or something instead? as far as I know, it hasn't been done before, all the usual games I play have the hero having some kind of demonic power...but I want this to focus more on the good side of thigs (which is another idea as to why you'll also play as a different, uncorrupted character in game 2) it all links into the good and evil thing.

Gameplay...I want it to be fast, and I mean very fast (i love those kindof things) quick action and cinimatic attack commands (where you get dynamic camewra angles when the action is executed) but I always want the player to have a choice to do good or bad things, perhaps even have alternate story lines play out depending on your actions.

Ok, I know I gave you a few undetailed ideas and admittidly undecided ideas, but what do you think? any suggestions?
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
Andyfer_Ruu

Cash on hand: 2,267.00

Re: Game Concept

Postby Steahl » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 am

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of fallen angel type stories. corruption and loss of a moral place simply aren't appealing to me in the least. I really don't feel the world needs another story in which a person is destroyed...and destroyed...and destroyed.

That said, if you ever come up with a cohesive script I'll be happy to read it over for cliche and consistency.
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

8 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.