Novel vs Movie

The film, novel, manga and any other Parasite Eve related medium belonging to the extended universe can be discussed here

Novel vs Movie

Postby Caligo » Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am

Let the differences begin!
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
9 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Caligo

Cash on hand: 195.00
Bank: 2,117.00

Re: Novel vs Movie

Postby Chai » Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 am

with spoilers??

When I saw the movie for first time.. leaving aside the special effects, I thought that was good. I'm really impressed for many things that videogame never say you and maybe Maeda didn't know (about who was Aya's mother, for example). But also it left many questions.

When I read the book... I realized movie is really bad XD soooo bad. I know book adaptations are difficult but... movie are sooo censored that is almost completely different from the novel, and gives you a romantic but truncated end.

In the movie, many characters were sidelined (like Shinohara, Mariko's father o Kiyomi), important scenes was changed and add others to make more tragic the separation of Kiyomi and Toshiaki, or censored by it's explicit content losing much of the story...

I think japaneses not burned the movies because Joe Hisaishi did a great job. And all that is rescovered was the soundtrack. I have a hypothesis, movie OST was so successful that influenced Melissa was a opera singer, and for that EVE song from movie is so similar to singing of Melissa/Eve.

My opinion is.. movie is ok without reading novel (and adapting to the time it was recorded) XD but, if you can decide between movie and book... BOOK!! XD
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

1 pcs.
Chai

Cash on hand: 1,480.00

Return to Parasite Eve Expanded Universe