PE being erased from existence?

The film, novel, manga and any other Parasite Eve related medium belonging to the extended universe can be discussed here

PE being erased from existence?

Postby Shikou » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:27 am

I feel as though the PE series has been lost in obscurity in recent years and Square has been trying to hide it under a rug. So here are some of things that I've encountered over the years between 2010 and now as Im typing this.

PE 1 and 2
For a long time the sites to PE 1 and 2 have been live but since the change of Square Enix Members being from a site where you can show off which Square titles you own to a forum site slash Square Enix Online shop both sites including all SquareSoft games have been taken down. A while later the sites went back up but for some reason not the PE sites.

What did they look like?

From what I can remember the PE1 site was a page that mimics the overworld telling you what the game is about and who the characters are in certain points of the page. The PE2 site had a similar setting to the training area telling you character and monster bios including giving you some screenshots. Recently I went to look at the PAL site for PE2 (www.parasite-eve2.com) and I cant find anything besides the language selector and a still page that leads you no where.

T3B
Thinking back around the time of the NA release of The 3rd Birthday it bothered me how the Square Enix Members site (when it used to be cool and stuff) kinda shrugged off the existence of The 3rd Birthday when you put in the Square Enix Members code you are given for points. You get a Aya icon as proof that you own the game but unlike other games when you view your game collection you see no box art or anything. If I remember right you cant view the info about the game. The NA site wasn't updated with any info since it came out. Just recently Square Enix has took down the Japanese site and is now a info page about the game but nothing special about it outside of how much it is and a small synopsis. I've attempted to see if I can get anything with wayback machine but all I get is a black screen of nothing.
Shikou

Cash on hand: 455.00

Re: PE being erased from existence?

Postby Andyfer_Ruu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 am

Perhaps its copyright issues... maybe that's why the game has basically been hidden under a rug. x.x I remember hearing about the website time machine though! The site descriptions are interesting. I think that Square-Enix probebly reduced the size of the 3rd Birthday website because it didn't meet their expectations? So they're scaling it back to say some money.
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
Andyfer_Ruu

Cash on hand: 2,267.00

Re: PE being erased from existence?

Postby Caligo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Maybe they're selling what rights they do have? Hmmmm I wonder where can we get these?
>.>
<.<
Oh well. I do think this is a case of either Square not wanting to spend resources on a 'dead' series, or it somehow sees the series as an embarrasment? I don't know. Sad, but yeh. Us fans have to keep it alive. And... it seems primaleyes is one of the last fansites out there too? Tefa's site is down. Arise Within is gone. Mewf.

I'm just glad I have lots of awesome people to follow on Tumblr. PE thirst satiated.
Find more details and items in the profile of the user

9 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
Caligo

Cash on hand: 195.00
Bank: 2,117.00

Return to Parasite Eve Expanded Universe